Tenant Application Process
Thank you for your interest in applying for a rental home with Lenox Properties. Please complete the application as thoroughly as possible to be considered for tenancy.
There is a $50.00 application fee per applicant 18 years and older required which can be paid in cash or PayPal. We run a background & credit check, and verify employment & landlord history.
We do not accept applicants with a history of eviction, court judgment for financial reasons, or severe delinquencies on the credit report. There could be other limitations, but these are the main issues applicants usually ask about if they fall in any of these categories (please see Approval Criteria below for additional information).
It is our goal to make sure we find a suitable tenant who will not only take care of the landlord’s property, but who will also pay the full rent on time each month. We understand that occasionally a tenant may face an unforeseen circumstance which results in a late payment. However, we want to avoid excessive late payments that could eventually lead to a court case and eviction.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Typically, we can have an answer as to your qualification approval or denial within 2 business days, however we may require 5 business days to get back to you. If approved, Lenox Properties requires the full security deposit (paid in Cash or Money Order) and signed rental agreement before taking the rental property off of the market.
We hope this answers any quick questions you may have regarding the application process. Please see Application Process and Approval Criteria below for additional information.
Feel free to contact Heather Freeman 704-574-5575 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need further assistance.
Welcome to Lenox Properties. We ask that you review our criteria for approval prior to filling out the application and please feel free to discuss any concerns you may have in regard to the criteria and/or application process. Thank you for your interest in renting with Lenox Properties.
Application: The fee to process your application is $50.00 per applicant, 18 years or older. Please allow 5 business days to process your application. This may vary depending on the timeliness of responses from previous landlords and current employers. While your application is processed, the property applied for will remain on the available list until you are approved and have submitted the security deposit.
**Please allow 5 business days to process your application.**
Deposit: Once notified of your application approval you will be required to pay your security deposit which is equivalent to one month’s rent amount. The security deposit MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK. Please do not include rent monies with your security deposit.
Rent: Once you have paid your security deposit, Lenox Properties will place a 30-day hold on your property in order for you to have time to move into your new home. Your first month’s rent or pro-rated amount is due on the day you receive the keys and meet with the agent for the Move-In Inspection.
- No more than 3 late payments for any 12-month period.
- Rent cannot exceed 33% of gross monthly income (before taxes).
- Rent plus all long-term debt cannot exceed 50% of gross monthly income.
- No unpaid repossessions or collections for a combined total amount of over $500.00.
- No more than 4 late payments within the last year on credit cards or other loans. (With the exception of student loans and medical charges/collections.)
- No debt can be owed to any landlord, Management Company, apartment community, etc. (with the exception of Foreclosures within the last 12 months.)
- No judgements within the last 7 years.
- No late payments or collections for two years from the bankruptcy file date.
- No evictions in the last 7 years.
- No convictions of any felony within the last 10 years.
- No more than 2 arrests within the last 10 years.
- No arrests or convictions for sexual related offenses.
- Most properties have a NO PET policy, however, there are exceptions, so please ask. If a pet is approved, a non-refundable pet deposit of $300.00 per pet is required.
- No smoking in any property is allowed.
- We do accept applications from prospective tenants who have no previous rental history or have marks on their credit report which cannot be explained. If this is the case, it may be necessary to use a co-signer. The co-signer must meet the rental criteria perfectly. They will be screened just as an applicant and must sign the lease agreement. In the event that a co-signer cannot be obtained, Lenox Properties reserves the right to require a double security deposit.
Please note that we often receive multiple applications for each property & we process all submitted applications to select the most qualified applicant.
Application fees are non-refundable. If you have any questions before submitting your application, please call our office during business hours (M-F 9am-5pm EST) for assistance.
The following items are required from ALL potential adult residents and/or guarantors:
- Completed application form.
- Application fee
- If you are retired, send copies of your most recent SSI statement, VA Benefits statement, Retirement Benefits statement or 3 months of bank statements showing these statement deposits.
- Copies of two most recent pay stubs or your most recent tax return (in the event you are self-employed) from each adult applicant / guarantor.
- If you are relocating or starting new employment, please send a copy of intent to hire letter.
- Copy of a valid driver’s license or photo ID from each adult applicant / guarantor.
We recommend contacting your employer, and current landlord or property manager (if you’re renting) to notify them Lenox Properties will be in touch for a reference.
Applications can be delivered via email, fax or filled out online. Application fee must be received before application can be processed.
Fax: (888) 244-8319